Avizo® Wind is a high-end extensible software for advanced post-processing of simulation data, ranging from flow to thermal, and stress data.
- Wide range of formats: Abaqus®, Ansys®, CGNS, Ensight™, Fluent®, Ideas, Nasa/Plot3D, Nastran, Star-CCM, Tecplot®,COMSOL, OpenFOAM®,...
- Data types: scalar, vector, symmetric and asymmetric tensors, time, geometry, single and double precision support
- Transient/steady unstructured meshes
- Multi-part support
- Boundary conditions
- Reference values (density, velocity, pressure,…)
- SI units support
- Multiphysics data support
- Simulated and measured data support
- CAD data readers
- High-end 2D/3D visualization techniques
- Effective and innovative flow visualization: boundary view, cross section, isolines, isosurfaces, planar LIC (Line Integral Convolution), vector probes, local flow field probe, stream ribbons, particle plots, critical points, extended particle animation, ISL (Illuminated Stream Lines), flexible data mapping
- Slicing, iso-surface, probing,…
- Statistical analysis: surface/volume statistics, 2D and 3D scalar quantities, CSV exportable to MS Excel®
- Accurate and automatic feature identification: vortex core line extraction, critical points extraction, and more.
- Secondary variables computation: density , pressure (dynamic, stagnation ,total, …) , temperature (shock variable, stagnation,…), energy, (kinetic, enthalpy, entropy, stagnation, total, internal, …), Velocity (momentum, mach number,…), vorticity (vorticity, enstrophy, helicity,…), turbulence (lambda2, gradient, second invariant ,…) , derivatives (gradient, divergence,…), newtonian fluid stress tensor, and more.
- Support for mechanical data at element nodes, such as stress and strain. Computation of the tensor invariants, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, Von Mises and Tresca elasticity limit criteria, and more.
- Matlab® bridge
- Flexible workflow: TCL scripting, C++ extension interface
- Annotations, measures, legends, histograms, and curve plots
- Export statistics to spreadsheets
- High quality representations, images and videos
- Direct movie file export
- Interactive creation of complex demo scenarios
- Real-time remote collaboration
- Shared work sessions
- Support for scalable high-resolution displays, stereoscopic projection, immersive virtual reality and CAVE® displays
- Import and fuse 3D volumetric data: microscopy, laser scanner, CMM, seismic, GPR, EMR, 3D modeling tools, CAD, CT-scan, MRI, PET, SEM/FIB, numerical simulation, FEM, CFD and more.
- Mesh reconstruction: segmentation, 3D surface and 3D volumetric mesh reconstruction, mesh export, simulation and experimental data co-visualization.
- Data export : export to solver input formats like Abaqus®, Ansys®, , Ensight™, CGNS, Ideas, Tecplot®, Nastran and more.
- Re-import your data for post-processing
Import simulation results from widely used CFD and FEA solvers. Easily and accurately visualize scalar, vector and tensor data using a large set of visualization tools including: iso-surfaces, cross sections, boundary views, colored vectors, animated particles, line integral convolution, illuminated stream lines, stream ribbons, and advanced volume rendering. Work with 2D or 3D regular and unstructured meshes. Handle any combination of tetrahedron, hexahedron, wedge and pyramid cells. Display results on selected boundaries. Filter elements by region or by material. Select which fields to load. Handle fields defined per node or per cell.
Accurately isolate regions of interest where secondary variables, surface and volume integrals, and arithmetic functions will be computed. Use interactive probing to get the exact values at a given location or along a given line. Extract advanced features such as critical points or vortex core lines. Seed particles or stream lines from specific locations. Accumulate computation results in spreadsheets and curves. Use ready-to-use computation modules such as enstrophy, vorticity, Mach number, etc.
Instead of using virtual models coming from CAD systems, it is now possible to scan real objects using CT scanners. The result of the scan process is a stack of images that can be pre-processed to generate 3D meshes used as input to a CFD/FEA solver. Avizo’s advanced segmentation, labeling, filtering, surface reconstruction and tetrahedral mesh generation tools can be used to produce high-quality meshes that can be exported to CFD and FEA solvers to run the simulation. The resulting data can be re-imported for visualization and analysis using Avizo post-processing tools.
Benefit from Avizo’s sophisticated user interface to navigate your 2D and 3D meshes. The easy-to-use 3D manipulation tools allow you to precisely locate specific regions of interest. Repetitive tasks can be automated using template networks or scripts.
Take advantage of multi-core systems for faster computation and display on very large models. Avizo Wind has been specifically designed to support multi-core architectures for maximum computation performance.