Amira Developer Option
The Developer Option allows you to extend Amira by developing custom data types, visualization or processing modules, and input/output routines through a well-documented C++ API. The object-oriented language together with the open design makes this option the ideal answer to specific technical requirements.
Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit, Mac OS, Linux
In order to add custom extensions to Amira using the Developer Option, a C++ compiler is also required. The following C++ compilers are supported:
- Windows - Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (VC++ 8.0). Please note that Visual Studio 2008 is not officially supported.
- Mac OS X - GNU gcc 4.0.x with the latest version of XCode provided by Apple.
- Linux - GNU gcc 4.1.x
New modules and new data classes can be defined as subclasses of existing ones. In order to simplify the creation of new custom extensions, the Developer Option includes a development wizard (assistant).
- Provides the C++ header files needed to compile and develop custom extensions
- Offers a development wizard (assistant) to simplify code development
- Build and test new modules for computation, I/O and visualization
- Based on a number of industry standard libraries (OpenGL®, Open Inventor™, Qt®)
- Comes with the Open Inventor graphics libraries for creating new Amira visualization modules
- The unique object-oriented interface provides maximum flexibility also for developers with basic experience in C++ coding
- Expert programmers can easily include new graphical user interface (GUI) elements based on Qt, even without having the Qt libraries installed
- Requires a C++ development environment such as Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows or a C++ compiler on UNIX systems.